[HPADM] superdome

From: Mani, Chandrashekar (Chandrashekar.Mani@astrazeneca.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 09:27:34 EDT

Hi!

        Iam in the process of moving one of our super dome from the present
data centre to a different location. The super dome is connected to a EMC
symmetrix (A) and a XP512 disk array. All the disk on the EMC symmetrix is
configured under LVM and the disks on XP512 is configured under VXVM.The
root disk is on a SC-10 disk array. AS a disaster recover measure, Iam
planning to copy the datas on the EMC symmetrix box (A) to another EMC
symmetrix (B) using SRDF and mirroring the datas on the XP512 to the EMC
symmetrix (B) using the host based utility (would be building a V-Class
server to use the vxmirror utility), There is terabytes of datas to be
mirrored using the host based mirroring. Though EMC has taken the
responsibility to do all this tasks, I would still like to know the below
details.

1) Has anyone done this before? If yes...what are the problems you have
faced..?
2)when using vxmirror what are the best options to use for faster/secured
mirroring when the data is as large as 7 terabytes.
3)I have the rootdg to be imported to the v-class server. what will be the
problems that I would face.
4)Any recommendations/suggestions..?

Thanks,
Chandrashekar Mani