[HPADM] SUMMARY2: Reducing a logical volume size

From: Stocker Nick (StockerN@logica.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 11:00:43 EDT

Slight correction to the reduce command. Should have read lvreduce not
reducelv (which is the equivalent in AIX).

Thanks to Steve Illgen for pointing this out.

Thanks for all the replies. I actually forgot to menion that I wasn't
running with OnlineJFS so as it was
it was pointed out by several very helpful people that I would basically
need to recreate the filesystem
with newfs after having done the reducelv, i.e.

        backup filesystem and verify backup
        unmount the filesystem
        lvreduce - reduce the size of the logical volume
        newfs -F vxfs - to recreate the filesystem
        mount the new filesystem
        restore the data from backup

Thanks for all your help.
Nick Stocker.