[HPADM] Remote Printers on NT Server

From: Roger Realsen (roger.realsen@wareforce.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 11:21:01 EDT

Gurus

HP9000 D250
HPUX11.0

We have all of our network printers using Intel Netports to attach them to
our LAN/WAN. At this time it is not feasible to change that all out to use
JetDirect cards. We had a Novell server in which we created network
"shares" for all of the print queues. On my UNIX box I set up remote
printers to print to those shares. We could do this by utilizing some
shareware application call "LPD". We no longer have either the shareware
application or the Novell server.

I have re-created all of my printers a remote printers using the Netports as
the various print servers. We have also re-created the printer shares on a
new NT server. I would like to explore using that NT server as my remote
printer server instead of the Netports.

I imagine I need some piece of software to allow this to happen because it
does not work by just setting it up. My UNIX box can see the NT server so
that is no the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely
Roger Realsen