[HPADM] SUMMARY : weird things going on with arp cache on 11i

From: Erik Platzbecker (E.Platzbecker@its.tudelft.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 08:09:32 EDT

Hi all,

not too many takers on this one :
====
> i am seeing wildly varying length of the 'arp' cache on some of my 11i
> systems (all workstations: B2000 / B180L). I have not seen this on a
> RP2400 server running 11i.
>
> The number of entries in the 'arp' cache can go up from less than 20 to
> nearly 400 in a matter of minutes. And also goes down just as fast.
> I am not seeing this effect on any of my 10.20 systems ...
>
> Has anyone else seen this ?. I already have installed the latest ARPA
> transport patch PHNE_27063 (and dependencies), but this had no effect.
====

Only two responses. Jon.Carter@post.serco.com said he noticed the same
thing, but could provide an explanation.

tvmyers@ic.delcoelect.com suspected the network. But as my 10.20 systems
do not exhibit this behaviour i am not convinced ....

I am currently investigating this further with the help of H-P's Response
Center. When i have more info (or a possible solution) i will post an
additional summary.

regards,