[HPADM] OT: Script Suggestion

From: Roger Realsen (roger.realsen@wareforce.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 12:06:46 EDT

Gurus

HP9000 D250
HPUX 11.0

I receive and load pricing and inventory files from various vendors. I have
established a new vendor that can only send me two separate files (one for
pricing and one for inventory).

I receive a full pricing file once a week and change files the rest of the
week. The inventory file is a full file every day. The files are fixed
width as follows:

PRICE FILE:
vendor part# (20) - some skus contain spaces
mfg part# (20)
mfg name (10)
description (50)
price (10/2) - includes decimal

INVENTORY FILE
vendor part# (20)
qty (10)

I have other vendors that give me two files but they are comma delimited and
I have an involved script that does a sort and a join to give me one file.
I am not sure how to combine these two files since they are fixed width and
some of the vendor part numbers contain spaces.

Any suggestions??

TIA

Roger Realsen