[HPADM] problems when deploying apps

From: Radu Borsaru (Radu.Borsaru@Amdocs.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 14:43:16 EDT

Hi,

I have build a C++ program that uses a shared library mylib.sl.
I deployed this program on another machine and try to run it there. The
program hangs,
I try to trace the program and I found out that the program was first
looking for mylib.0 in all the available paths.
The problem came because on the machine that I build it the library was on a
mounted area (automount) /net/another_machine/lib/mylib.sl and on the
runtime machine the automount tries to find the lib in
/net/another_machine/lib and then hangs because of the automount which does
not returns an error.
On a machine that is working after not founding mylib.0 it looks OK for
mylib.sl and is working fine.
On a Solaris machine it looks from the beginning for mylib.sl.
The OS is HP-UX 11.00 and the compiler is aCC.
Q1 Why is the program looking for mylib.0 and not mylib.sl?
Q2 Can I solve the problem by passing some arguments to the compiler/linker?
Q3 Is there someone that knows why automount hangs and does not return an
error and if yes can it be fixed?

Rgds,
        Radu B.

Thank you.