[HPADM] memory and cpu

From: Ronelle Van Niekerk (rvanniek@ecgd.gov.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:14:01 EDT

Guys,

Am not able to think clearly today.

How would I find out the amount of physical memory in a machine, the
amount used (by apps and databases etc) and the amount that is free?

Also needs stats for CPU usage but top is just a "snapshot", I need to
get some history. How would I get the CPU information from top and put
it into a file?

TIA
Ronelle van Niekerk

the system manager.