[HPADM] NICs questions

From: Chuck Lam (chuck_lam@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 15:58:43 EDT

Hi,

I have several K400 series servers all running 10.20.
In each system, there are at least two 100-Based lan
adapters, one for public access, and the other for
private access. I need to move all the private access
NICs out of one switch and into a newer and better
switch. Will the private access lan cards become
disabled in the process of switching? If they do, is
there any way I can activate them without rebooting
the systems? My whole point is trying not to reboot
the systems because asking for reboots is very
difficult in our environment.

TIA