[HPADM] Remote Installation

From: Deepak John Cutinha (deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 09:43:52 EDT

Dear Gurus!!

I have a lab which is a few blocks ways on which I
regularly install HP-UX oracle and other applications
from the CD's given to me by the testing group.

Basically it involved

1. Install OS booting from the CD which is made using
   HP Ignite which re-configures the system

2. Install Oracle and other software by basically
   inserting the CD and running a script.

Now I am getting a bit lazy putting these CDs off and
on again and again.

Is there a way that I have these CD's thru' NET i.e
for OS to boot over network like jumpstart and then
after OS is installed I do a NFS mount for the remain
-ing CD's which are infact remote directories with
required Applications.

Thanks in advance

DJC