[HPADM] SUMMARY Cleanup dmesg output????

From: Arjan Fraaij (hpux-admin@zonnet.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 01:26:25 EDT

A late summary:

It is not possible to clean-up the dmesg output without a reboot. Dmesg
display the kernel buffer message´s. If you want to have a collected
out put you need to put dmesg in your cron with option "-", something
like:
0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /etc/dmesg - >> /sysadmin/log/kernelmsg.log
The "-" option makes dmesg only generate new message after last request.

Thanks to all who did reply!!!

Arjan Fraaij

-- Live is short while having fun, so why does it take so long --