[HPADM] SUMMARY: NIC for C-3600

From: Frank Walter (fwalter@CTDI.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:40:09 EDT

All,

My thanks to James Abbuhl, Tony Bacon and the inimitable, Bill Hassell who
said,
"HP has never supplied drivers for non-HP cards and to my knowledge,
  no manufacturer of LAN hardware has ever provided an HP-UX driver."

Believe him.

We installed a 3-COM Model 3C905CX-TX-NM and scoured the web looking for a
driver.

The o/p of the ioscan is below.
unknown -1 10/1/6/0 UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN PCI
Ethernet (10b79200)

In short, the system sees it, but won't play with it.

We have ordered a HP NIC.

My thanks to the aforementioned gentlemen for taking the time from their
busy days to assist.

Best Regards,

Frank J. Walter Jr.

Communications Test Design, Inc.