Re: Umask 077 Question

From: Kumar, Praveen (cahoot) (Praveen.Kumar@CAHOOT.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 10:15:46 EST

Hi,
        By default the directory permissions are 777 and file permissions
are 666 so when you set the umask as 077 the effective file permissions you
get is 600 only but not 700 and effective permissions for a directory would
be 700 in the given case. As Bill has mentioned you cannot create a file
with execute bit on.

Regards
Praveen.K