Re: Question on bootpd

From: Sue Pellerito (Sue.Pellerito@JACKINTHEBOX.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 14:02:37 EST

Nothing special this morning. The users were opening their mail as normal.
The one user (our VP) had opened up an attachment in her mailfile and then
got hung. You are correct when you mention the hardware addresses. There
are several of these messages in the logs output.

                      JOSEPH KREMBLAS
                      <JKREMBLAS@REDHEAR To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      TGIFTS.COM> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: Question on bootpd
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.E

                      03/24/2004 10:49
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX Discussion
                      List

Not only IP addresses, but, most importantly hardware addresses. I
suspect DHCP is a player in the mix due to the fact that "several people
were 'hung' this morning". Are the users system administrators trying to
perform a NIM install or business end users trying to log into the
workstations? Please clarify.