Re: Error Notification Problem on AIX 5.1

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 11:24:35 EST

I also have noticed a problem with that. We've had a system crash
recently with "out of memory" errors, or "fork function failed". On ML03
it would log in the errpt that it ran out of paging space and halted the
system. I've since been on ML05 and the same problem occurred with the
"out of memory" errors but with nothing logged in errpt or anywhere
else. I've since scripted a monitor to warn us of any paging problems,
and what processes were running at that time.

-Darryl