Re: StorageTek BladeStore B150

From: JOSEPH KREMBLAS (JKREMBLAS@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 21:44:18 EST

Todd,

        The best thing I can recommend to you and your boss is to
document everything and forward the documentation to your CIO, CFO, and
legal department for action. This is the best remedy, but, then again, I
don't know how your contract is written. The better that the CIO, CFO,
and legal are aware of the issues you and your boss are up against, the
better armed your company will be creating leverage when it comes times
to pay the bill. But again, it depends on how your contract is written.
Not all contracts are boiler-plate/standard contracts. Everything is
negotiable. It goes without saying that if STK still is holding you
hostage and still not doing the right thing, then chalk it up as lessons
learned and seek another vendor immediately! There is no shame in a bad
decision. What's important is getting back on the right track as quickly
and as quietly as possible. (I believe this is written in the ancient
system administrator rule book of the sage.)

        Equally important is to talk with your salesperson who sold you
the product and service. He/she may solve the problem immediately. They
have a vested interest in as their customer. Call your salesperson
immediately and explain the problem. The problem may go away at this
level. I would still advise the CIO, CFO, and legal of the issue with
this vendor.

        I hope this helps.

                Best wishes,

                Joseph Kremblas