Re: Pattern Match query

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 05:14:57 EST

I'm pretty sure you could do this with awk. If you're not familiar with it,
try searching the Internet for examples. I found this...
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/docs/gnu/gawk/gawk_1.htm
...quite useful a little while ago.

Perl could do it, of course.

You could probably cobble something together using grep -n and tail -n +XX"
Say...
export IFS=':'
grep -n <pattern> <file>|read First Junk
tail -n +$First <file>

Perl or Awk would be more efficient, but if this is a one-off that might do.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.