xlfrte 8.1.1.0 XL Fortran for AIX Runtime Env.

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 15:02:24 EST

We have been running with a fairly old Fortran runtime on our AIX
workstations as required by one of our product vendors. Now they recommend
that we upgrade a few things including "XL Fortran Runtime Environment to
level 8.1.1"

Ok, we also manage some HPC servers and we happen to have the Fortran CD at
8.1.0.0. (I was a little bit surprised that the Fortran RTE was not on the
AIX 5.2 Base CD's but it was on this Fortran Compiler CD)

Installed that 8.1.0.0 of xlfrte. It pulled also xlopt.* to 1.3.1.0. It
had a few other filesets that could have updated but were not required.

Anyway, now the application won't run at all !!

So, went looking for the 8.1.1.0 xlfrte but can only find and download the
fix 8.1.1.4 on the IBM websites.

WHERE DO I GET THE BASE FOR THAT? xlfrte 8.1.1.0

(Also will need bases for "xlfrte.aix51 8.1.1.0" and
"xlsmp.aix50.rte 1.3.8.0")

Thanks,

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.