Re: mount PC directory

From: Barnhart, Troy (TBarnhart@RCRH.ORG)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 14:20:19 EST

You can do it with the new AIX 5.2 built-in CIFS package (samba), or even with an old copy of AIX Connections (4.1.4?) They dropped the windows-in-aix mounting support with AIX Fast-Connect.

I've had to do it for an odd, internal reason; a server that with +200 database interfaces.
I worked w/ IBM support for a week to get the permissions to pass.

You have to use a Windows Local account, not a domain account, for file permissions and logins to mount the windows share. Supposedly, LDAP (i.e. Active Directory) support is still coming according to a developer.

regards,
Troy

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer,
tbarnhart@rcrh.org