Re: Separate Storage / UNIX groups?

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 13:29:13 EST

Jason,

We have a fairly large infrastructure and as such tend to be more
specialized. We have a storage/backup group that mange the SAN and backups
(seemed like a good fit since the backups use SAN attached tape drives).

I've worked at smaller companies where the Unix admins manged the storage
and backups as well.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2