Re: Separate Storage / UNIX groups?

From: Hass, Harold (HHass@CO.FRESNO.CA.US)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 13:19:16 EST

We have an EMC Symmetrix with Windows and AIX servers switch connected to about 4T. The administration of the SYMM is primarily handled thru software maintenance contract with EMC. Honestly, there is only minimal administration done at that level. The administration of the Windows and AIX nodes are done by the administrators of the nodes.

We also have an EMC Celerra NAS front end with Data Movers that NFS mount, and CIFS share, file systems (about 5T) to AIX and Windows. This is administered by myself and one other AIX support person. This is where most of administration is done. The Data Movers are controlled by a Control Station running a customized version of Linux. A lot of the work would be familiar with AIX gurus who know LVM.

HTH, Harold