Antw: Which version of AIX.

From: Dieter Zavelberg (dieter.zavelberg@POSTBANK.DE)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 04:34:25 EST

you need AIX5.2 to use the dynamic LPAR feature - s/t very nice
to shift cpus and/or ram and/or adapters, to another LPAR w/o reboot

regards
dieter

>>> jrwren@OAKLAND.EDU 03.03.04 16:10:12 >>>
Hello,

I'm new to both IBM and AIX. We recently purchased a p650 to replace
some aging Digital Servers which run our enterprise application of SCT
Banner 2000 on Oracle 9i.

My question is regarding which version of AIX to run? For some reason
the purchase of the server came with AIX 5.1, but 5.2 seems to be the
latest. I would really like to reap the benefits of running the latest
release of the OS as long as there are no drawbacks. Are there
drawbacks? Are there any reasons to stick with 5.1? What was my vendor
thinking? Perhaps they weren't thinking? Will I have to pay for an
upgrade?

Thanks,

--
Jay R. Wren