Re: Which version of AIX.

From: Leon Kaiver (LKaiver@COMPURES.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 10:49:05 EST

My understanding is that AIX 5.1 will be supported until April 2006.

Big question regarding which version to use is - what does your
application vendor support? There are still a lot of applications that are
not "supported" on 5.2 although they will PROBABLY run find. Usually just
a matter of what your vendor has tested and has available in their lab.
Check with your vendor.

Whether you will have to pay for an upgrade or not depends on the type of
AIX support contract you purchased with you new system.

Leon J. Kaiver
Senior Technical Consultant
Computech Resources, Inc.
920-336-1387 ext. 244
920-366-4884 (cell)

             John Jolet
             <john.jolet@FXFN.
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       Re: Which version of AIX.

             03/03/2004 09:31
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

5.1 goes out of maintenance in april, unless they've extended it. Did
you buy a refurbished machine?