Re: Script-Permission

From: Bob Booth - CITES (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 15:52:08 EST

Here is an example of a setuid C program wrapper:

/*
C program wrapper so that scripts can be run suid root.
!!!USE at your own risk!!!
*/

#include <pwd.h>
#include <sys/resource.h>

main(argc, argv) int argc; char *argv[]; {
   struct passwd *pw = getpwnam("root");
   setpriority(PRIO_PROCESS, 0, -20);
   setuid(pw->pw_uid);
   execv("fullpath and name of your script here", argv);
   }