Re: vgexport -p -m for AIX?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:19:18 EST

Hold on: now I'm unclear...

Do you want to make the VG on LPAR1 accessible from LPAR2, or do you just
want to set up a similar but empty VG on LPAR2?

If it's the former, then you need to vary it off on LPAR1 then do an
importvg on LPAR2.

If you just want to create a similar VG then you should use "savevg" on
LPAR1, specifying an exclude file (-e flag). /etc/exclude.VGname should
simply contain "/*". That will cause it to back up the entire structure of
the VG, but no actual data. The output file will be 51200 bytes. You can
then use this as input to the restvg command on LPAR2. Obviously you'll
need to make sure that disks on LPAR2 have the same names and are the same
sizes. If you don't care about having exactly the same PP placement, just
omit the -m on the savevg.

I'm pretty sure the restvg command you've suggested just won't work.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.