Re: vgexport -p -m for AIX?

From: Drew Myers (myersd@VANGUARDCAR.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 11:34:52 EST

Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. The twist in this tale, is the disks are on
separate LPARs of the p670, so are not visible to each other from the OS
level. Otherwise, I think your suggestion would be perfect. As it is,
I think Simon's suggestion to use mkvgdata will accomplish what I want.

Here's what I have in mind:

On System1:

mkvgdata -m vgname

Then ftp /tmp/vgdata/vgname.data from System1, to System2, and execute
the following:

restvg -r -d /tmp/vgdata/vgname.data

I believe that will create vgname's VG and LV structures on System2, so
they match vgname from System1.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for your expert advice!

Drew