Re: vgexport -p -m for AIX?

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:15:02 EST

Drew,

Not sure why you'd want to do this. Map files are required by HP-UX to
import a volume group (if you want to retain the logical volume names) but
it's not used under AIX.

If you're looking for just a listing of the logical volume names, try "lsvg
-l vgname"

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2