Re: AIX PC Anywhere tool

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 17:20:46 EST

Patrick,

Yes, VNC is the best tool. We use it between systems. BUT, for places
where there are firewalls with restricted ports or where we are traversing
questionable public lines, I have found that the (free) Zebedee

http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/

is great!

It allows you to create a compressed, encrypted tunnel between two trusted
hosts and push X down it.

VNC probably does that, but I got started with Zebedee so I never looked.

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

                      "Patrick B.
                      O'Brien" To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      <pobrien@DOIT.NV cc: (bcc: Chris Baker/NA/GDYR)
                      .GOV> Subject: AIX PC Anywhere tool
                      Sent by: IBM AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton
                      .EDU>

                      02/18/04 12:36
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

I'm looking for a PC Anywhere type of tool for my AIX Box.

I need to stick my AIX Box into our DMZ. Our firewall does not allow X-Term
traffic. I need to initiate a db2 GUI session from our intranet to this
Box.

Any ideas? TIA.