Re: OS binaries integrity check

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 14:20:26 EST

I think like most of these tools, if someone's got root access they can fool
it. Otherwise, it's fairly reliable.

If you look at TCB, the recommendation is that the TCB database is kept on a
removable medium which is physically secured whenever it's not in use. I'm
sure that much the same would apply for any other such tools.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.