Re: Deleting SP node/Frame out of order

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 15:13:10 EST

Thanks Simon. I opened a call with IBM and they are pretty much confirming what you are telling me. I am awaiting 100% confimation and then I will attempt this tomorrow.

cheers

Raj Atwal

"Green, Simon" <Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM> wrote:
You can delete your Frame 2 safely provided it does not have a Switch in it. I did the same last year - actually frame 3, but with several additional SP-Attached servers "above" it. I, too, was concerned but did a lot of checking before hand and got confirmation from one of the IBM techies on another list. If you have any further concerns, email me direct and I'll see if I can dig out my notes, tomorrow.

Switch frames are different, and Frame 1 is different. I eventually had to delete my Frame 1 and it was a bit of a pain, although not technically difficult.

The simplest way is just spdelfram: that'll clear the node out, in theory. Worth checking that it gets everything. Sometimes it doesn't quite work, but if you run it again it should clear out anything that's left. Check it with splstdata -f and splstdata -n.
Obviously, back everything up carefully beforehand, take an SDRArchive immediately before and I'd recommend making an extra note of all of the serial ports on your CWS as well.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.