FasT500 Controller fail over

From: Bradberry, Kenneth (KBradberry@SUPERIORCONSULTANT.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 15:42:39 EST

Hey everyone.

We are having trouble with FAStT500 controller fail over. I have several
pSeries systems SAN attached via McData ED5000 systems. These FAST
controllers seem over react when a system is rebooted that has an array on
the FAST. What happens is the pSeries system would be rebooted and the FAST
losing its connection to that system would fail Controller A (preferred) to
Controller B and do this for every system on Controller A. Does anyone have
a clue why that is happening? IBM documentation makes some mention of this
behavior, but doesn't go into much detail. Any experience or reference on
how these controllers really work would be helpful. I have the Redbooks and
other docs.

Thanks,

Ken