Re: What's wrong with autonegotiate

From: Stapleton, Mark (stapleto@BERBEE.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 21:37:14 EST

From: Robert Miller [mailto:rmiller@SMUD.ORG]
I knew about the IBM/AIX problems, but I haven't so far seen any problems with our HPAQ(HP/Compaq) boxen...
What sorts of problems were you seeing, so I know what to look for?

Cisco has numerous white papers that claim that autonegotiate is a poor choice for all hardware on 10/100 networks. If your system can do 100/full (which almost everyone can these days), you should hardset *everthing* for 100/full (NICs, switch and router ports, etc.).

--
Mark Stapleton (stapleton@berbee.com)