Re: What's wrong with autonegotiate

From: Lieberg, Patrick (plieberg@EV3.NET)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 15:51:50 EST

This problem is not just in the IBM or AIX world. I've seen this problem between Cisco equipment and Compaq (now HP) hardware as well. I've made it SOP to never rely on Auto-Negotiate on any device, which means when people bring problems like this up, its one of the first things I suggest as a possible solution.

-Patrick Lieberg
Systems Administrator
ev3 Inc.