Re: I have a problem about the /usr/bin/mksysb script file

From: JOSEPH KREMBLAS (jkremblas@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 00:31:36 EST

Notes:
        There will be four images on the mksysb tape, and the fourth image
will contain only rootvg jfs and jfs2 mounted filesystems. The following is
a description of mksysb's four images:

        (1) Image #1 [bosboot image]: The bosboot image contains a copy
of the system's kernel and specific device drivers, allowing the user to
boot from this tape.
        (2) Image #2 [mkinsttabpe image]: The mkinsttape image contains
files to be loaded into the RAM file system when booting in maintenance.
Example files in this image are bosinst.data, image.data or tapeblksz, which
contains the blocksize for the fourth image.
        (3) Image #3 [dummy TOC image]. The dummy image contains a
single file containing the words "dummy toc". This image is used to make the
mksysb tape contain the same number of images as a BOS install tape.
        (4) Image #4 [rootvg image/data]. The rootvg image contains data
from the rootvg volume group (mounted jfs and jfs2 file systems only).

        I hope this helps. Cheers.

                --joseph