Re: Copying files between Windows and AIX

From: Bill Rhode (Bill.Rhode@SUNGARD.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 09:48:19 EST

Perhaps a ulimit setting? Specifically the allowable file size? I have no
experience with Samba but have seen this error using other software when
there was sufficient space but the file size ulimit was reached.

                      Ignacio Vidal
                      <ividal@BIYCSA.CO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      M.AR> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: Copying files between Windows and AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      01/06/2004 10:39
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

We are talking about copying a 84GB 1-level directory from Windows to AIX.
The copy fails after transferring about 50~56GB.

Copyright © 2003 by SunGard Data Systems Inc. (or its subsidiaries,
''SunGard''). All rights reserved. No parts of this document may be
reproduced or transmitted without SunGard’s prior written permission.

This document contains SunGard's confidential or proprietary information.
By accepting this document, you agree that: (A)(1) if a pre-existing
contract containing disclosure and use restrictions exists between your
company and SunGard, you and your company will use this information subject
to the terms of the pre-existing contract; or (2) if no such pre-existing
contract exists, you and your Company agree to protect this information and
not reproduce or disclose the information in any way; and (B) SunGard makes
no warranties, express or implied, in this document, and SunGard shall not
be liable for damages of any kind arising out of use of this document.