Re: Xterm Error

From: Mike Viscount (mikev@EMAIL.UNC.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 14:35:03 EST

Make sure that on host x.x.x.x you have allowed the Xterm to be displayed
by doing an xhost +[machine_where_xterm_is_running]

Also, the X traffic goes through ports in the 6000 range I believe. I'm not
exactly sure but it should be trivial to find out.

Since you got the "Can't open display..." error I'm thinking your DISPLAY
variable is already properly set as long as x.x.x.x is the host your want to
display the xterm window on.

Mike