Re: indirect JFS mount

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 12:14:10 EST

can you give a clearer description of what the problem is you are
encountering with the backups?

Bobby Kelley Jr.
972-877-5341

| | Marcelino Mata |
| | <mmata@MULTIMATIC|
| | .COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 12/18/2003 10:55 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: indirect JFS mount |

We use Netbackup to backup our AIX server and we are encountering problems
which Veritas says can be fixed by us changing our JFS mount option to
"multiple indirect addressing". Using a command like this "chfs -a
options=rw,mind /fsname".

I am concerned about any negative aspects of changing the default mount
options on a production server. I have a very low confidence level with
Veritas's knowledge of AIX filesystems. Has anyone else made changes to
their systems and can they comment on the pro's and cons' of indirect mount
options?

Marcelino

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.