I4 License manager and Web Based System Manager (WSM)

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 10:33:15 EST

Hello All,

I built and LPAR using a mksysb from another LPAR. The CPU's and Memory
are the same. The disk space is the same. After the system came back up
and I changed the IP address and name for the new LPAR I needed to install
a license for the IBM C compiler. When I type in the command to bring up
the IBm License manager "./i4cfg" a window opens as if it is going to
bring up the Config menu. However it just sits there and never fully
opens. I have not found any error logs as to what it is doing. I used the
text based command "i4config" and setup the machine that way. Then when I
typed in "i4blt" to bring up the menu to add the license the same thing
happens. I get the first screen "Basic License Tool, Version 4.6.6 etc"
but it just sits there. If I leave it there for more than 30 minutes it
slowly appears. But trying to click on "file" "tools" etc does nothing.

I then tried to bring up the Web System Manager, with the command "wsm"
Same thing happens. However the GUI for smit works.

These all work fine on the LPAR I made my mksysb with.

Any thoughts?

As always, Thanks in Advance
John

John Riordan