Session hangs when accesing /var/tmp

From: Othman, Asmah-Julaili SITI-ITDGP3-302 (Asmah-Julaili.Othman@SHELL.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 22:45:33 EST

Hi all,

I cannot access my /var/tmp. I can 'cd' into the /var, but not /var/tmp. Everytime i try to do a listing, or use vi editor, my session will hang. The filesystem's utilization is ok < 10%. No error report generated on the system. The fsck is also ok. I have reboot the server to maintenance mode to fsck. After it boots up, it will be alright for a few hours. But after that when i try to access /var/tmp, my session will hang.

Please help me.

TQ
asmah