Re: how long support for mca node?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 05:11:00 EST

As far as I am aware, there are no specific dates for hardware support: you
pay some money and you get support. However, generally older machines cost
more so your h/w support costs will continue to rise. (It's one of the
things IBM - and other manufacturers - use to drive hardware sales.)

You might find that things get difficult when there is no supported OS that
will run on the machine. i.e. End of support for 5.1. If you've got
unusual equipment there may be a problem with spare parts eventually -
obviously they're not being made any more - but the engineers usually
salvage parts from old servers when they're decommissioned.

For accurate information you'll have to speak to IBM.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.