DHCP Client Problem

From: David McWilliams (davidkmcw@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 14:45:17 EST

I have an Intellistation running AIX 4.3.3, it is currently using a
static IP address. Our IS people have 'spake from on high', that every
computer must be changed to DHCP. When I changed the interface from
statice to DHCP within smitty, it appeared to go OK and dhcpcd started.
I never get an IP from the server, a W2K box. in fact the interface
still has it old IP, even after a reboot. Is there anything thats needs
to be 'unpicked' first before the DHCP client will work successfully,
ie /etc/hosts, etc. Any gotchas, etc

Should I also get default gateway, DNS, etc settings from the DHCP
server or is this too much to ask for?

Thanks in advance,

David

=====