Re: Tools similar to dsh

From: Ross Alexander (ralexan9@telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 15:04:24 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Yi XIE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is tool which function likes dsh in PSSP.
> When I use dsh, I use dsh to submit a command, and it will lead other
> servers run same command. Now, I have some pSeries, but I don't want to
> use PSSP. Would you please tell me if there is any tools like dsh?

There's ssh, and you can wrap it in a script thusly:

    #!/usr/bin/ksh
    #
    # run random command on all the boxen
    #
    BOXEN="the names of your machines go here"

    for h in $BOXEN ; do
            echo == $h ==
            ssh $h $*
    done
    exit 0

This is not very sophisticated, but it does work.

regards,
Ross

--
Ross Alexander
(780) 975 3505 cell / (780) 433 6725 home