Re: interpreting netstat results

From: Vipin Khushu (vkhushu@GUERNSEYOP.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 08:37:14 EST

glad to know that. thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Green, Simon [mailto:Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 6:01 AM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: Re: interpreting netstat results

We encountered some very similar problems a few months ago following
migration to AIX 4.3.3 ML11. There are some new network options, introduced
with AIX 5.2 then retro-fitted to 5.1 and 4.3.3 in maintenance releases.

Look at the network options tcp_nodelayack and tcp_finwait2. I changed
these, setting tcp_nodelayack to 1 (default is 0) and tcp_finwait2 to 120,
(default is 1200). That seemed to solve our problems.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.