Re: FTP Restricted Access

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 16:45:09 EST

If this is an AIX installation, and you have bos.samples installed, there is
a script included that will set up anonyomous FTP access. Look in:
/usr/samples/tcpip, and you will see a file called 'anon.ftp'.

Take a look at wuftpd as well, it has additional features to control access
and is generally more secure than the stock ftp. You can compile Wash U ftp
from the source, or get the rpm (from the IBM linux toolkit website), or
install the bullsite installp version.

bob