Re: interpreting netstat results

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 13:52:57 EST

last_ack means both sides sent "fin" and wait for it to be acknowledged
(as far as I remember)

see socket-faq for details
http://www.ibrado.com/sock-faq/

your first netstat-output show 1 connection in that state
your 2nd output show two sockets listening for connections

there is a option "tcp_finwait2" for the no-command, but i could not
find docu for it