CGI Problem

From: Nita Hyde (hydejl@SBAC.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 11:14:37 EST

We run an apache web browser (1.3.26) but have never accessed CGI
scripts with it. Now one of our users wishes to do so. However, we are
getting forbidden when trying to run the scripts. It is not forbidden
by the directory/file permissions. I can see an index and access the
html files but not the cgi and the permissions are all the same. I
think apache is causing the block because I can execute the cgi from a
unix prompt. Since I know nothing about apache and less about CGI, I
really need help. If I need to change the config file, I'd really like
some input on how to do this. If the problem lies somewhere else,
please clue me in.

TIA, Nita

--
Nita Hyde, Systems Programmer