Re: Strategies for effective partitioning of p690.

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 06:43:02 EST

Thanks very much for that, Holger.

We're not considering any 1-CPU partitions at this time. The sort
of choice we're facing is whether to have a single 4-cpu partition
with two disparate applications, or two 2-cpu partitions each with
only one application.

I'll have another look at the types of workloads involved. However,
I think that in most cases it's things like two SAP systems, but for
different customers. So it's going to be administrative issues
rather than conflicting memory use that cause problems.

<SNIP>