Re: Post-Sysback steps after restoration to another systems

From: Wesley Joyce (wjoyce@UVI.EDU)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 11:11:56 EST

I ran a full diag which went well.

The only hurdle I had was the disks where slightly configured differently
in terms of hdisk to pdisk mappings. That along with the pvids being
different than what the VG expected, I had to manually chose the physical
disks to use when I was creating the VGs from Sysback restore.

Right now I am migrating data from one pv to another (I picked the wrong pv
during the restore), and it's taking longer then expected... hmm....

At 11:41 AM 11/12/2003, you wrote:

>Just the usual sorts of integrity/verification checks.
>
>Perhaps of particular use: lppchk and oslevel -r. It wouldn't
>surprise me if you were to find that the restored system was
>slightly back-level, unless it really is identical to the
>original.
>
>rootvg mirroring - if applicable - and paging space allocation.
>
>Simon Green
>Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
>
>AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
>
>AIX FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/
>
>N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
>Please post all follow-ups to the list.

---