Re: System permissions fix utility

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 04:55:07 EST

There's nothing built in to AIX that'll do it. What are you using on your
other UNIXs?

Several people have come up with their own tools to do it but all of these
rely on taking a snap-shot of the "good" system in advance.

Do you know what command was run that messed things up? If so, you ought to
be able to determine those files which might have been affected and check
them on another, good system.

Otherwise, you could be looking at a restore.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.