INFO REQUEST: xauth command

From: Barnhart, Troy (TBarnhart@RCRH.ORG)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 15:15:46 EST

Anyone out there have experience w/ the xauth command?

I think I have an idea of what the problem is, but not sure how to solve it.

I've got some Oracle/Java/Apache/Xwindows/UserAccount errors
related to the xauth command.

supposedly, each oracle instance uses java to dynamically run an
instance of the apache webserver tied to a instance's user's acct.
but, each of the user's need x-windows rights...

i need to know how to move rights from one user who can run apache
to another user with the xauth command, thereby adding some sort
of cookie to the ".Xauthority" files in the user's home directory.

thanks,
Troy

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer,
tbarnhart@rcrh.org