Re: geninstall failure after 5.2 upgrade

From: Stephen Spalding (ssaixadm@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 11:59:30 EST

I understand that AIX-rpm is a 'virtual rpm'. The way
that I fixed this problem is by running the command
/usr/sbin/updtvpkg. I just ran it as is and didn't
pass any arguments to it. The command took a few
minutes to run, but after it finished, the
AIX-rpm-5.2.0.10-1 package had appeared. I guess the
command rebuilt it.

I got the information on this from my account
advocate.